AMTA Partners with many different organizations who help support its mission: to advance public awareness of the benefits of music therapy and to increase access to quality music therapy services in a rapidly changing world. Some of these organizations and the work they do follows:
Center for American Military Music Opportunities (CAMMO) –
C*A*M*M*O the Center for American Military Music Opportunities, innovative 501(c)3 nonprofit organization committed to the principles of servant leadership with peer serving peer – American service member and veteran serving veteran. C*A*M*M*O builds the skills of musicianship and performance, putting our service members in touch with leading industry talent development specialists, extending career opportunities left unattainable to military personnel, and presents performances, concerts, and workshops to audiences of all ages.
In addition to providing performance opportunities for veterans and active duty service members, training for careers in music, C*A*M*M*O* is dedicated to the use of music in therapy and rehabilitation for wounded warriors and veterans.
Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) –
The American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT), collaborate on a national initiative designed to achieve state recognition of the music therapy profession and the MT-BC credential required for competent practice by:
- Educating the public about music therapy
- Recommending accurate language for legislation and regulations
- Assisting local legislators and communities with insuring access to quality music therapy services
- Protecting the rights of Board-Certified Music Therapists to practice
Real Warriors –
The Real Warriors Campaign is an initiative launched by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE), to promote the processes of building resilience, facilitating recovery and supporting reintegration of returning service members, veterans and their families.
The Real Warriors Campaign promotes help-seeking behavior among service members and veterans with invisible wounds and encourages service members to increase their awareness and use of these resources. To reach the broadest audience possible, the campaign features a variety of strategies including outreach and partnerships, print materials, media outreach, an interactive website and social media.
AMTA actively participates in the SupportMusic Coalition, a public service initiative that impacts resolve and support for music education in local communities around the United States and abroad. This advocacy effort now unites nearly national, regional and international organizations comprised of parents and community leaders seeking to improve access and opportunity in music and arts learning. Tens of thousands of concerned citizens visit the website every month and use its resources to keep music education strong in their schools and communities.
THE SUPPORTMUSIC COALITION is building a proactive and unified approach to federal, state and local level advocacy for music education as a core academic subject in schools. The coalition is united in its support of a complete education that includes music and arts instruction for all children.
- Currently, 250 affiliate organizations participate in the coalition to discuss and act on issues of mutual concern.
- Affiliates gather regularly via monthly conference call to discuss local, state and federal challenges in promoting, sustaining and defending school music programs, offering each other strategies for success. Coalition affiliates relay upcoming advocacy efforts and follow up together on opportunities where collective advocacy is needed. Each call introduces new affiliates and offers all groups time to promote particular programs of interest.
- This group considers itself a 'learning community', recognizing that effective advocacy requires targeted strategies and solutions designed for long-term success and that by sharing local advocacy efforts, the success of the mission expands.
- The coalition invites individuals and all interested arts, education, civic engagement and youth-serving organizations to become affiliates, and encourages affiliate organizations to actively participate via task force efforts, dissemination of pertinent information to constituents and members, and by adding tools and materials to www.supportmusic.com that advance the advocacy mission and messages.